Doesn’t that look delicious? And it was!!
Two nights ago I caught a bit of Heston’s new tv show and he was demonstrating how to cook a steak. I wasn’t hugely interested as I got my steaks down to a tee ages ago. Hot griddle pan, two minutes on each side, six minutes to rest, job done.
However, I already had 2 rump steaks in the fridge waiting for dinner last night and so I thought I would give Heston’s way a go. The result was amazing: perfectly cooked, tender, flavoursome steak.
Now I’ve tried it I’m not sure I’ll ever go back. The only downside was that there was quite a lot of smoke in the kitchen and spitting from the pan.
Here is the link to the full recipe
The basic premis is that you must do the following:
- Choose a nice thick steak with plenty of marbeling;
- Let your steak come to room temperature before cooking;
- Add olive oil to your pan and get it smoking hot;
- Cook the steak for 3 – 4 minutes, turning every 10 -15 seconds; and
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes.
Try it and let me know how you get on. I really think it is the way forward!
PLEASE NOTE ANY ADVERTS APPEARING ON THIS BLOG HAVE BEEN PUT HERE BY WORDPRESS AND NOT BY ME